Alproof with Fleece Thermoplastic Roofing Membrane
Alproof with fleece is a white, high performance, thermoplastic roofing membrane compounded with a proprietary combination of PVC and Dupont™ Elvaloy® resins reinforced with dispersed polyester fibers and a 50 mil thick 5.0 oz polyester fleece adhered to the back.
- Alproof w-fleece can attain a maximum 4” hail warranty (Consult with the Hyload Technical Department.)
- Alproof w-fleece can be adhered with hot asphalt without priming.
- Alproof w-fleece has Factory Mutual approval for Class 1-90 with various insulations.
- SRI Rating of 90.66
- Alproof w-fleece requires no ballast. With the membrane weighing less than 1/2 lb. per square foot, minimal additions to present deck loads can be achieved using Alproof w-fleece
- Alproof w-fleece has been proven resistive to a wide range of chemicals, however, when roofs are exposed to harsh chemicals, a welded seam is always recommended. Consult with the Hyload Technical Department to determine which product to use for your specific application or to obtain a Chemical Resistance Chart.
- Alproof w-fleece can be fully adhered to the substrate offering excellent resistance to wind uplift. Point stressing, which can occur with systems requiring mechanical fasteners to secure the membrane, is not a problem with Alproof w-fleece.
- Alproof w-fleece’s Dupont™ Elvaloy® sheet is manufactured without liquid plasticizers permitting the use of stronger more resilient raw materials and a unique bonding adhesive system. The membrane’s properties remain intact longer since plasticizer migration does not occur as is the case with many other Thermoplastic membranes which use liquid plasticizers.
- Roof Covering
- White Colored Membrane
- 38” x 50’ Rolls Special sizes available upon request.
- 20 Rolls per pallet (1 salvedge)
- 12 Rolls per pallet (2 salvedge)
- Available in 45, 60, and 75 ml membrane thickness
- 70, 87, and 104 lbs. per roll (standard size)
- 2” selvedge has no fleece
- Can be ordered with 2” selvedge on both sides
- The substrate should be smooth, level, clean, and dry.
- Deck and supporting structure must be sufficient to support the load of the new system.
- Alproof w-fleece can be installed directly over existing substrates, approved insulation cover board, or base sheets after all have been properly primed.
- Alproof w-fleece can be used as the surface membrane in a built up system
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D412||1300 lbs/in2|
|Tear Strength||ASTM D624||380 ppi|
|Density @ 70%||80 lbs/ft2|
|Low Temperature Flexibility||37-GP-56M||Pass|
|Water Absorption||37-GP-56M||Less than 0.1%|
Hyload provides technical data as well as installation instructions, details, and specification information to authorized roofing contractors, engineers, architects, and specifiers. This information can also be provided to designers in various formats used by engineering professionals. Contractor field training, as well as in-house instruction, is used to develop certified applicators nationwide. In conjunction with The Technical Department, field inspections are performed by Hyload Representatives trained to perform pre-bid, job progress, and final inspections.
- Alproof w-fleece cannot be used with coal tar mastic but can be applied over coal tar roofs with appropriate separation. Phased construction is not approved.
- Vertical flashings may not exceed 18” in height without installing a termination bar or other approved method of fastening.
- Alproof w-fleece should only be applied when temperatures are 45°F and rising.
- Alproof w-fleece should not be applied directly over insulation. The use of HyGlass, or comparable recover board is recommended. HyGlass must be primed with a quick-drying water-based primer such as HyPrime primer. Fastening must be completed following Hyload specifications or the insulation manufacturer’s specification if more restrictive. When Factory Mutual standards are required, refer to the FM Approval Guide and latest supplement.